DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sin'dorei Loar

Go down 
+4
Theodoras
Palth
Landria
SliggitySlade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Leader(s): Ranger Captain Helios
Sub-Leader(s): Magister Kaendris and Officer Dawning
Affiliation: Farstriders
Available Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Hunter, Warlock, and Priest

With Quel'thalas finally rebuilt, and the forces of the Sin'dorei now under the guidance of their Regent Lord Lor'themar Theron, they focused inwards, on regaining the glory of Quel'thalas. Having turned to fel magic to sate their needs, the Alliance turned their back on the Sin'dorei, with the Horde doing the same. The Forsake, surprisingly, became the closest allies of the Sin'dorei, with the Forsaken's Banshee Queen once being their beloved Ranger General, and many of the Forsaken being High Elves who had fallen in the destruction of Quel'thalas. Meanwhile, the Sin'dorei worked to rid the 'Ghostlands' of their most hated enemy, the Scourge. The forest trolls also being a problem, the plans continued to save the Ghostlands from their enemies continued, and to once again make the lands a part of Quel'thalas. The times of relative peace while attempting to regain their southern border ended quickly.

Their goals proceeding well, there was a distrubence when a large rift opened within the Ghostlands. Etherals began to pour through, and began to attack Tranquillen, as well as everything within sight. The Farstrider Captain Helios, along with Magister Kaendris moved their forces back to Eversong with haste, while calling on reinforcements along the southern border. A massive battle ensued when the etherals met the forces of the Sin'dorei along the Eversong-Ghostlands border. Targeting the large runestones that provided protection to Silvermoon, the Sin'dorei fiercly protected them from the onslaught of Etherals. Unrelenting, several Magisters were able to quickly track down where the rift was, and succeeded it in closing it before the forces of Silvermoon were overrun.

Ranger Captain Helios was chosen to accompany a large group of Magisters that were tracking down the source of the rifts, while sending some of the Silvermoon Guard to protect them. During so, the rest of the Silvermoon Guard and Farstriders remained in Quel'thalas, protecting the runestones from anymore etheral attacks. After some days of attempting to drack down the source of the rifts, the Sin'dorei enlisted the aid of the Forsaken Army, and the Royal Apothecary Service. After uncovering that not only Quel'thalas was being affected by the rifts, but also the rest of their allies lands, the Sin'dorei and Forsaken continued on tracking down the source together. Not after long did they discover that the rifts were coming from the Sunwell .

They found the Sunwell that was once filled with Scourge and Burning Legion, now swarmed over with Etherals, who had completely eradicated their enemies. The combined forces of the Sin'dorei and the Forsaken marched upon the Isle of Quel'danas, and began to liberate the Sunwell from their Etheral enemy, who's numbers had dwindled from the initial invasion of the Sunwell. Constantly fighting, the Forsaken and Sin'dorei were successfull in defeating the Etherals that had blocked them from reaching the epicenter of the Sunwell, where a massive rift was present. Not knowing of the danger that the rift posed, the Sin'dorei and Forsaken forces approached the source, attempting to seal the rift. Upon approach, the massive rift was stable, until the Magi attempted to seal it, in which it began to pull everything in sight through. The attempt to flee, or resist the strong pull was met with failure, and all the forces that had been dispatched were sucked through the rift.

Upon realizing that the rift they were drawn through was now closed, and my never open again, trapping them in a new world, the Sin'dorei quickly began to study their surroundings. Without a way to sate their magical addictions, the decision was made to find a source in which they could draw mana from, while also searching for a way to come back into contact with Quel'thas. Unknowing of what awaited them, Ranger Captain Helios took direct control, a proposition that the Sin'dorei weren't shy of, as long as the leaders of their respective classes remained with some power. Not breaking off from each other, due to them being untrusting of the other races now trapped on the new world with them, they are unwavering in their plan to return to Quel'thalas. Or at least most of them are.......

Goals
The goals of the Sin'dorei as a whole are obvious to those of their race. To find a source to sate their magical addiction is of the utmost importance to the Magisters, as well as all those within the new world. Having no fel crystals, and unsure of the effect magical acts such as opening portals creates they have set out in the new world in hopes of finding a source of ancient power, or of demonic power. Without such, they would be inevitably driven to summon demons, a decision that most of the Farstriders and Blood Knights do not want to have to resort to, seeing as it can have unforseen consequences in a strange new land. With the finding of a new magical power, and depending on it's potency, their next obvious goal is to establish a settlement in which they can research the local herbs to gain knowledge of their surroundings, and as to whether or not they will be able to return to Quel'thalas, to either bring their people to the new world, or to retreat from the primitive planet. Either way, it is within all of their minds that the most logical path to take is to fortify a position, due to their limited knowledge of the inhabitants of the planet, if there are any besides primitive life.

The Farstriders:
The goal of the Farstriders, as so set by Ranger Captain Helios and Lady Liadrin, is to scout throguh their new surroundings, and to ensure that there is nothing to put the Sin'dorei in immediate danger. Other then the above, they are to protect the group, and Ranger Captain Helios wishes, along with all of the other Sin'dorei, to establish a hold within the lands to protect themselves, from the primitive life, as well as from the other races of Azeroth who have come to join them on the planet.

The Magisters:
The Magister's desire, above all other goals, to find a potent source of magic to feed their addictions. On the back of their minds, the knowledge that something as powerful as the Sunwell, or even more so powerful, may be sitting idly in the world excites them. A potent, everlasting source of magic dances on their minds, and Magister Kaendris agrees with the rest of the Magisters that searching for such a place is important for the whole of the Sin'dorei, even those back in Quel'thalas.

Last edited by SliggitySlade on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:38 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Landria

Landria

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Wow, this is so good. Whoever wrote this is a pure genius.

Last edited by Landria on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:54 am

OGM DA CUTENESS

slade 4 admin 2013
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Updated eet as well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Theodoras

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 pm

SliggitySlade wrote:
Leader(s): Ranger Captain Helios
Sub-Leader(s): Magister Kaendris and Officer Dawning
Affiliation: Farstriders
Available Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Hunter, Warlock, and Priest

I skimmed through most of it but it seems to fit well. The Ranger Captain as the leader doesn't make sense and it would be the Magister since the mages have lead the High/Blood Elves in the past. Also there should be a priest/paladin as a subleader along with the Ranger-Captain, Lady Liadrin would be perfect since she was a priest but later becomes a paladin when Kael'thas returns with the Naaru in TBC. Also the affiliation shouldn't be Farstriders and should be something else that would make sense for all the blood elves.

Warriors aren't an available class unless we add that in the patch since warrior isn't default for blood elves.
Back to top Go down
Fluxxy

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Slad is genus loar writur
Back to top Go down
Rocore

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I thought the timeline was just after vanilla unless that changed, no pallies or priests for Blood Elves.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Rocore wrote:
I thought the timeline was just after vanilla unless that changed, no pallies or priests for Blood Elves.

There ain't suppose to be. The Elves lost their connection to the Light, Paladins aren't available due to Blood Knights not existing. No captured Naruu to get the Holy magic from, so I don't know how they'd have any at this point.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Bloody brilliant lore, if I must say.
Only problem I really see in it is the whole Magister/Ranger Captain thing, but Theo already pointed that out quite well.
10/10 would read again.
Back to top Go down
http://piercing-the-quiet.tumblr.com
Theodoras

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Dawnforge wrote:
Rocore wrote:

There ain't suppose to be. The Elves lost their connection to the Light, Paladins aren't available due to Blood Knights not existing. No captured Naruu to get the Holy magic from, so I don't know how they'd have any at this point.

They still had paladins and priests, almost all lost their connection to the light but not all. Even Palth has said so, but those characters would try their hardest to find a new source and it will be interesting to see what they use.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Theodoras wrote:

They still had paladins and priests, almost all lost their connection to the light but not all. Even Palth has said so, but those characters would try their hardest to find a new source and it will be interesting to see what they use.

The Light isn't ordinary magic. The only problem is, a Sin'dorei has fel magic in them. The only way to make a connection to the Light with that is from the Naruu. Anyone can become a Paladin or priest, though, granted they do not have Fel Magic coursing through their veins like the Blood Elves do. Aslong as Fel magic is in their system, they can not, on their own make a connection with the Light. This isn't Arcane, the Light's magic isn't usable with Fel magic in your system. They need a Naruu or some other source that they can force the connection and holy magic from. Paladins for Elves are a no-no until then, Priests? I'd rather see them as medics IC, but allow the OOC healing for simple mechanics purposes.

There is just NO logical way elves can have paladins, or even holy priests at this point.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Dawnforge wrote:
Theodoras wrote:

The Light isn't ordinary magic. The only problem is, a Sin'dorei has fel magic in them. The only way to make a connection to the Light with that is from the Naruu. Anyone can become a Paladin or priest, though, granted they do not have Fel Magic coursing through their veins like the Blood Elves do. Aslong as Fel magic is in their system, they can not, on their own make a connection with the Light. This isn't Arcane, the Light's magic isn't usable with Fel magic in your system. They need a Naruu or some other source that they can force the connection and holy magic from. Paladins for Elves are a no-no until then, Priests? I'd rather see them as medics IC, but allow the OOC healing for simple mechanics purposes.

There is just NO logical way elves can have paladins, or even holy priests at this point.

"A few continue to draw power from the Light and remain priests. "
-wowwiki

As I already said, Palth and I already had a 30 minute discussion on this. A FEW Blood Elves could still be priest/paladins,
Back to top Go down
Rocore

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:51 pm

A few means nothing to the player population. You either have them or you don't. Yay or nay on the pallies.

I say that because usually elves become MAJOR pally races which they shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am

Rocore wrote:
A few means nothing to the player population. You either have them or you don't. Yay or nay on the pallies.

I say that because usually elves become MAJOR pally races which they shouldn't be.

I agree with what Rocore says. If its too little to be reasonable to have a player start as one. Then it shouldn't.

Unless you want to promote people playing special snowflakes.

Priests, yes. A paladin is so much more different then a priest. They draw on the Light in a completely different way. A Paladin HAS to follow the three Tenents(as much as any human/mortal being can, perfection can not be achieved due to all mortals being flawed creatures.) and believe completely in his decisions following them and being for the betterment of all and all that good guy junk. A Priest, actually doesn't have to follow the tenants. I'm not an expert on priests, as again, Priests and Paladins make, maintains and wield the Light in completely different ways in WoW lore. Also, if you quote something and it has a link, provide the Link, preferably from WoWpedia as Wiki has a reputation for not always being accurate.

So, either find a way to make it common, like human, or dwarf paladins or close it.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Dawnforge wrote:
A Paladin HAS to follow the three Tenents.[/color]

Uhmm... HAS to? Ever heard of the Scarlet Crusade. GG

Paladins and Priest both should be completely playable for Blood Elves, Let the character decide if it will either be from the Sun, in-character morals allow to to use the Light or that they haven't need to use Fel to solve their mana addiction because of the Light.

Even if not the Paladin slot should be open so players can use them as ex-paladins trying to find a way to use the Light again. Making them play a priest is the same as making Mages play warriors until a sunwell/well of eternity is created... it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Dawnforge wrote:
A Paladin HAS to follow the three Tenents.

Paladins and Priest both should be completely playable for Blood Elves, Let the character decide if it will either be from the Sun, in-character morals allow to to use the Light or that they haven't need to use Fel to solve their mana addiction because of the Light.

Even if not the Paladin slot should be open so players can use them as ex-paladins trying to find a way to use the Light again. Making them play a priest is the same as making Mages play warriors until a sunwell/well of eternity is created... it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Theodoras wrote:

Yes, I have. They have SIX tenants they have to follow. So even more. The Scarlets aren't just I R KILL YOU. as people actually think. No one just understands them beyond that point. As for the Sun being a source? That isn't Lore-wise the Holy Light. At all. That is what Sunwalkers use, who, even though I hate them, they don't use the Holy Light, nor do they use their sun filled powers in the same form as Paladins use the Light. Don't be stupid.

You don't have options to be a PALADIN. You either follow the Tenants, Scarlet, or Traditional. Or you steal the Light from the Naruu. That's lore. There are no other ways that anyone knows, or has discovered at this time period to be a PALADIN and use the Light like a PALADIN.

Seriously, understand Paladins before you go for or against them. Not to mention your best argument so far has been that 'Some still follow the Light' - wowwiki.

If Elves want Paladins they have to go the same route every other race/creature would want to. Anyone can be a Paladin, granted they have one of the options available to them, which Fel-induced creatures do not. Not to mention the vast, vast majority of Blood Elves stopped believing in the Light as more3 then a source of power after their entire kingdom was slaughtered by the Scourge and the Light didn't help at all.

As the Lore and mindset for the race stands, I'm against allowing Paladins for the Elves, because it would simply be too few, and you'd be allowing them to roll something that would be 'special' or 'snowflakish'. Hell, we should allow human druids and shamans aswell! Oh, maybe we can add High Elves, and Ogres next!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sin'dorei Loar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin'dorei Loar   Sin'dorei Loar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sin'dorei Loar
Page 1 of 1