DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!

Go down 
+3
Palth
Theodoras
Herbalism
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Herbalism

Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! Empty
PostSubject: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm

This thread is a work in progress.
Please do not reply with posts.

Everything you will ever have to know about DFoT

1. Lore (link here)
2. Races (link here)
3. Currency (link here)
4. Factions (link here)
5. Resources (link here)
6. W.I.P
7. W.I.P
8. W.I.P
9 W.I.P
10 W.I.P

Last edited by Herbalism on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: 4. FACTIONS   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Please keep in mind that this is only a rough sketch and a WORK IN PROGRESS.

FACTIONS

At the launch of DFoT, there will be two major factions. The old classical Alliance and the Horde.
They have been forced to make peace with each other in order to survive on this new planet.
However, some people see this new planet as an opportunity to start new factions. Will it be led by you?

Now, we do not want every player to go and start new factions with nobody in it, which is why we've created a system.
At the DFoT launch, we will only allow 3-4 player-made factions. We will consider allowing more as soon as the playerbase expands.
These factions are allowed to do, literally, almost what the hell they want.
They can decide what they want to build, what to spend their money on, which religions/faiths are allowed, etc. The list goes on in an eternity.
You will have to choose what kind of leadership the faction will use out of a couple of premade policies in order so that things do not escalate or get out of hand.

1. So you're starting a faction
2. Faction politics
3. Faction diplomacy
4. Economy
5. Technology
6. Resources
7. Citizenship
8. Trading & striking deals with other factions
9. So you've decided to declare WAR!

1. So you're starting a faction

So you want to be one of the lucky few that gets to start your own faction! Let's see if you can complete the challenge.
If you decide to start your own faction, head into the "Factions" section of the forum and write your draft.
Once it's been approved by a DFoT employee, it will be moved into the next phase where you will have to get 10 players to pledge their character(s) to the faction.
As soon as this is done, the DFoT employees will review it one last time and then give the final doom.

If you get rejected, you are not allowed to post another draft in two weeks.
If you get approved, a GM will accompany you until you find an area which you would like to build your new town on. You will receive 1 free townhall (cause we're so nice) and a couple of tents, campfires and a storage. From there it's showtime.

Please keep in mind that it will be very hard to get your faction approved. We will only choose the best people suitable for this task.

After that you will need 7 active players in your faction or it will be disbanded.

W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P

2. Faction Politics

To make sure things do not get way too out of hand, we have premade ways for you to rule your faction.
Each policy will reward your faction with different traits which are yet to be decided.

Order
A council of people (3 for small factions, more for bigger) will together rule the faction.

Autocracy
One person alone will decide everything. Take Facism or old-school European Monarchy for an example.

Liberty
A.k.a Democracy. One person rules with the assistance of other people and the citizens.

A LOT MORE TO COME!

W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P

3. Faction Diplomacy

Of course, factions can have diplomatic meetings and relations among other factions.
We will monitor everything with a thread on the forum so that players can see the relations between the factions, so it is VERY important that the faction leaders constantly report to the DFoT staff

Here comes a messy list, it will be cleared up soon.

Relations:

Allied - "Public Declaration of Faction Allegiance"
Public Friends - "Public Declaration of Faction Friendship"
Friendly - The Factions are on good terms
Neutral - The Faction is neither friendly nor hostile
Guarded - Faction A is monitoring Faction B
Hostile - Faction A is hostile towards Faction B
War - Faction A is in war against Faction B and vice versa

Allied: The two Factions are allied and helps each other with pretty much everything. Requires a "Public Declaration of Faction Allegiance".
Public Friends: The two Factions are on very good terms and helps each other a lot. Requires a "Public Declaration of Faction Friendship".
Friendly: The two Factions are on good terms.
Neutral: The two Factions are not that intrested in each other and strike up occasional deals.
Guarded: The two Factions don't really trust each other and are watching the other Factions every move.
Hostile: The two Factions does not like each other and is ready for any hostilities.
War: The two Factions are at war. Requires that both Factions agrees on it.

Public Declaration of Faction Allegiance: Both Factions agree to become allied.
Public Declaration of Faction Friendship: Both Factions agree to become public friends.
Declare War: Both Factions agree on that they are in war.

4. Economy

This part is under construction.

5. Technology
[b]

[b]
6. Resources
[b]

[b]
7. Citizenship
[b]

[b]
8. Trading & striking deals with other factions

This part is under heavy construction.

What Factions can trade, demand, donate or strike a deal upon & at which relations:

Currency <amount> - Hostile, Guarded, Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Currency Per Week/Month/Year <amount> - Hostile, Guarded, Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Luxury Resources <alcohol, sugar, cotton, etc> - Hostile, Guarded, Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Strategic Resources <iron, coal, gold, silver, etc> - Hostile, Guarded, Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Accept Embassy - Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Open Borders - Neutral, Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Research Agreement - Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Cities/Towns <city/town> - Friendly, Public Friends, Allied

Defensive Pact - Public Friends, Allied

---OTHER PLAYERS (REQUIRES FRIENDLY OR BETTER)---

Make Peace With <Faction>

Declare War On <Faction>

Of course, you can come up with your own deals but ALWAYS report to DFoT Employee!!!!!

W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P

9. So you've decided to declare WAR!

This part is under heavy construction!!!

Let me tell you something, this won't be easy on your wallet.
War in DFoT will cost. A lot. It will cost you to train units, to give units shelter, food, etc. and the gear and weaponry will also cost you a lot. Unless your faction does not have a very stable economy, war is really only a last resort.

The laws of war:

-Both faction leaders must agree that it is war between their factions.
-Surprise attacks when war is not declared is not allowed and will be ignored.
-Surprise attacks when war is declared is perfectly alright, but it is recommended that you tell the other faction leader.
-War is only preferred if the other faction has a certain resource that it won't share, but fighting for land is perfectly alright too. We will have some kind of border showing where the line between the lands go.
-Taking over towns/cities is perfectly alright, but very hard.

What to do when you have taken control of a city!
You may choose if you want to:

-Annex the city/town. This means you take it over competely.
-Puppet the city/town. This means you allow the city/town to continue as usual except there is a new leader/new laws (take the Roman Empire as an example)
-Raze the city/town. Burn the city to the ground, will take quite a while.

So your city/town is being invaded!
We are considering letting factions purchase some sort of self-defense for their cities/towns in case it gets invaded.
This will be further discussed later on.

Fighting for land!
-There will be some kind of line showing where the border between the factions lands goes.
-2 or 3 GMs will be present before the battle to prepare and during the battle to make sure everything is alright. They will NOT intervene and the battles result lies solely upon the players.
-The fight goes on until either one of the factions run out of units or capitulates.
-If the other faction capitulates the battle, you are allowed to choose what you do with the factions units (ex. execute, enslave, etc)
-Once the battle is over, the GMs/DFoT staff will choose how much land the winning faction has won and will then draw up the new borders.

A LOT more to come on this subject. Under construction.

W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P W.I.P

I just realised I forgot writing about buildings. Do not worry, this will be added in the near future.

Last edited by Herbalism on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Great Guide!
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Theodoras wrote:
Great Guide!
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
Lord Tychonis

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm not a fan of how you can only have pre-determined leadership systems, but other then that, its fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Lord Tychonis wrote:
I'm not a fan of how you can only have pre-determined leadership systems, but other then that, its fantastic.

There is no pre-determined leadership, only outside of the beginning of the server itself for the Horde and Alliance factions.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 am

Added a factions area for you, I like it but I would like to see a system to show how much you get for each resource a week in that area. Then you have to have requirements to build builds and produce/feed armies. Only have certain items for the area will also allow for trading.
Back to top Go down
Rocore

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 am

I think resources will ultimately depend on the manpower you put into it, players and what not.
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:34 am

Rocore wrote:
I think resources will ultimately depend on the manpower you put into it, players and what not.

True, to a point.
It will depend on the people inside the group or organization or factions' ability to push itself to working the land and produce what's necessary for the construction itself.

Grunts might have to do peons work, and footmen might have to do peasants work here. It depends on what you're tasked to in-character, so to say. Whatever happens.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:52 am

Palth wrote:
Rocore wrote:

True, to a point.
It will depend on the people inside the group or organization or factions' ability to push itself to working the land and produce what's necessary for the construction itself.

Grunts might have to do peons work, and footmen might have to do peasants work here. It depends on what you're tasked to in-character, so to say. Whatever happens.

Well of course but what I meant was there needs to be a declared system to determine how much resources would be gathered and the build time.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 am

>Everything you need to know
>No information
>mfw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://piercing-the-quiet.tumblr.com
Fluxxy

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Personally I think this will be a great system once it's completed. I feel we have some pretty good people putting it together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!   Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything You Will Ever Have To Know About DFoT!
Page 1 of 1