DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few Questions

Go down 
+3
Rocore
Palth
SliggitySlade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

1. What races are playable?

2. How many zones need to be made before the 'building phase' is done?

3. Is there a main enemy other then the Man vs. Nature scenario?

4. At what point in Blizzard's lore is this happening in?

5. Will there be bacon?

I guess if any others have questions they can just put them here. Eventually it'd be nice to make a FAQ of sorts. Also take your time answering those who do o: If you do not have an answer I am fine with that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:52 pm

1. What races are playable?
-
It's Vanilla lore point, so at this point, the Horde and Alliance are factions.
So, Orcs and Humans, Dwarves and Tauren. (Tauren, to a point. They're not the bulk of the Horde millitary, since they have their own concerns. However, they're essentinal to what would've been at point before.)
Trolls and Night Elves. (Night Elves would be a rare exception, for example.)
Gnomes.
Forsaken as well as Sin'dorei.
While Quel'thalas was still being repaired, it was dealing with mediocre drama from the etherals coming from the rifts, killing off the Scourge in the area-- A plus, but they were even more dangerous then the Scourge itself. They'd start attacking elven cities that were being repaired or built, and so it was a concern, so a neutral peace was made with the Forsaken and the Sin'dorei to support the war.
They traveled to the battle of Karazahn to stop the, "rifts" that were coming from ever appearing again, and thus, would be playable.

So the general point is, be logical, and yes, you can play it.

2. How many zones need to be made before the 'building phase' is done?
Preferrably all of them, honestly. However, we'll probably finish three zones and then start working on them ingame.

3. Is there a main enemy other then the Man vs. Nature scenario?
No.
I won't play a God character nor do I intend to.
Titan technology would be well-guarded, as would the Old God corpses around the world itself, but that'd indoctrinate people as opposed to creating actual enemies. There could be bad politics that rise from either situations, however.

4. At what point in Blizzard's lore is this happening in?
Some point during Vanilla lore.

5. Will there be bacon?
Look, I'm American.

THERE WILL ALWAYS.. BE BACON
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
Rocore

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Without an enemy that is right there, are the players being left up to combat eachother?
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Rocore wrote:
Without an enemy that is right there, are the players being left up to combat eachother?

Exactly the point.

This server is meant to have complete and utter player interaction. Man veruses man elements.

Yes, there might be some indoctrinated groups that rise up, and they may be powerful, they might encourage people to group up together to killt hem, but it's meant to utterly dependent on player politics.
Back to top Go down
Landria

Landria

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Questions concering player groups and factions (And one Worldbuilding question):

1. Are there going to be leaders for each faction that were present during the initial campaign? Such as a Forsaken Commander and what not.

2. Concerning the leaders of each faction: Are they going to try and get over the old prejudices that existed, or are the factions going to be staying with the two main groups? (Alliance and Horde) If they are splitting up from the Alliance and the Horde, will some be joining together to build settlements of their own? Or will there be almost no NPC events where they are founding cities or guilds and what not?

3. Are there going to be any Fel Crystals, or any sources of power for the Sin'dorei? Or will it be possible for them to tap into the power of the Sunwell, which brings me to the question of whether or not the Sunwell is going to be back up in Vanilla times, rather then the Burning Crusade.

4. Is there going to be anything like the Well of Eternity present? Considering that the Titans built the land before they actually built Azeroth, would they have carried the same ideas over? Will there also be natives besides the primitive life already living there? Such as Dragonflights and what not?

5. Will there be any chance of having racial evolution, or mutations being present, such as Sin'dorei able to become one of the San'layn, or High Elves switching over to having a Sin'dorei mindset and having the racial changes occur?

6. Will there ever be time-lapses? Where the years are jumped by a year or two, allowing for cities or fortresses to be constructed, along with naval power, or even research of higher technologies.

7. Will the resources available on the world be the same as Azeroth, or will there be new elements, or creatures that have certain resources to form different types of metals and weaponry etc.?

8. Is it possible that rifts will be formed and people or structures from Azeroth will be joining those who are already present on the world?
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:15 pm

1. Are there going to be leaders for each faction that were present during the initial campaign? Such as a Forsaken Commander and what not.

For the start, so to say, "yes."
Although, I will really encourage players to do their own thing. Initally, for sure. Afterwards, they may dissolve into player politics and situations that follow.

2. Concerning the leaders of each faction: Are they going to try and get over the old prejudices that existed, or are the factions going to be staying with the two main groups? (Alliance and Horde) If they are splitting up from the Alliance and the Horde, will some be joining together to build settlements of their own? Or will there be almost no NPC events where they are founding cities or guilds and what not?

Players will have to create the new cities and towns itself, no pre-setup cities outside of camps. There will be a unified camp set up at the, "supposed" landing sight for both Alliance and Horde, although due to the prejudices, I can imagine that camp clearing out soon and people dying on the turf.
No NPCs will create factions personally. They might via events if properly roleplayed, however-- As I've stressed, it's up to the players.

3. Are there going to be any Fel Crystals, or any sources of power for the Sin'dorei? Or will it be possible for them to tap into the power of the Sunwell, which brings me to the question of whether or not the Sunwell is going to be back up in Vanilla times, rather then the Burning Crusade.
Since this is a new world, they'd have to find a new way to use power. There may be no fel crystals around, but there definitely would be arcane energies similar to what was at Karazahn. A lot of free-falling arcane and ley-lines.

4. Is there going to be anything like the Well of Eternity present? Considering that the Titans built the land before they actually built Azeroth, would they have carried the same ideas over? Will there also be natives besides the primitive life already living there? Such as Dragonflights and what not?
No. No intelligent life. Just indigenous species and local primates.

5. Will there be any chance of having racial evolution, or mutations being present, such as Sin'dorei able to become one of the San'layn, or High Elves switching over to having a Sin'dorei mindset and having the racial changes occur?
Depends on the roleplay that follows.

6. Will there ever be time-lapses? Where the years are jumped by a year or two, allowing for cities or fortresses to be constructed, along with naval power, or even research of higher technologies.
It will depend.
Most likely, no.

7. Will the resources available on the world be the same as Azeroth, or will there be new elements, or creatures that have certain resources to form different types of metals and weaponry etc.?
They would be extremely similar, wood would be the same, seas would be the same, metals would be the sames. Certainly, new elements and resources may be new and perhaps even stronger then the metals presented on Azeroth. Who knows? Razz

8. Is it possible that rifts will be formed and people or structures from Azeroth will be joining those who are already present on the world?
After what happened on Karazahn, the rifts on Azeroth would completely disappear. However, this won't stop players from doing attempting otherwise and possibly being able to succeed so.
Back to top Go down
Landria

Landria

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Newest Question About Time and Shiz:

1. How will the time scale be working? As in one OOC day is equal to how many IC days? With that, will it be taking absolutely forever to construct a settlement? Or will it be done in a reasonable amount of time (Like a week or something)?

Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Landria wrote:
Newest Question About Time and Shiz:

1. How will the time scale be working? As in one OOC day is equal to how many IC days? With that, will it be taking absolutely forever to construct a settlement? Or will it be done in a reasonable amount of time (Like a week or something)?

To be discussed.
Back to top Go down
Rocore

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

How will gear and progression work?

Are we max level at start?

Do we have any gear we want?

Will there be many of the shiny folk?

Will any classes be limited? And or held as prestige classes?
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 am

Rocore wrote:
How will gear and progression work?

Are we max level at start?

Do we have any gear we want?

Will there be many of the shiny folk?

Will any classes be limited? And or held as prestige classes?

No offical answer for that, it's still unsure.

Level 80.

It'll depend.

Shiny folk, like what do you mean, Argent Dawn?

Prestige classes could be learned under special circumstances, sure. Or they could've been had prior.
No classes will be limited besides Death Knights, which will be unplayable, and Paladins, to a point.
Sin'dorei will not be able to play Paladins.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:42 am

Quote :
5. Will there be bacon?
Look, I'm American.

Look, I'm Canadian
..we only have back bacon. :c

A few Questions Canadianbacon

..kidding. We have real bacon too. <3
Back to top Go down
http://piercing-the-quiet.tumblr.com
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
Quote :
5. Will there be bacon?
Look, I'm American.

Look, I'm Canadian
..we only have back bacon. :c

A few Questions Canadianbacon

..kidding. We have real bacon too. <3

Both formats of that bacon is accepted and tolerated.

goddamnit i have 3 am munchies
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Palth wrote:

Shiny folk, like what do you mean, Argent Dawn?

I take offense to this. Argent Dawn were NEVER that shiny. That's the Crusade. And Stormwind Paladins.

:l
Back to top Go down
Rocore

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 am

I actually just meant paladins in general as they usually take the most out-rageous and blinding gear. Not to bash the Argent Dawn/Crusade. Most of their paladins weren't that shiny except Tirion and his shiny gear.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 am

Quote :
Most of their paladins weren't that shiny except Tirion and his shiny gear.

Paladin Tier 6..
..nuff' said.
Back to top Go down
http://piercing-the-quiet.tumblr.com
Palth
Admin

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:00 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
Quote :
Most of their paladins weren't that shiny except Tirion and his shiny gear.

Paladin Tier 6..
..nuff' said.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 am

Stay on-topic, keep pony battles elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Questions   A few Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: