DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Purple items.

Go down 
+5
Herbalism
SliggitySlade
Landria
Lord Tychonis
Klein
9 posters

Should purples be banned?
Yes
Purple items. I_vote_lcap20%Purple items. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
Purple items. I_vote_lcap80%Purple items. I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Klein

Klein

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:40 pm

We were discussing about gear availability.
We couldn't all decide about purples. Ban them or not?

Vote!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tychonis

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 pm

(inb4 any comment with the word shiny)

Excluding epic quality items removes a huge selection of item models and options, I mean of course there's the problem with overly shiny/gaudy/over the top items, but there are also reasonable epic quality items within the game.
Back to top Go down
Landria

Landria

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Klein wrote:
We were discussing about gear availability.
We couldn't all decide about purples. Ban them or not?

Vote!

Purples should be obtained within reason, and if gear becomes only cosmetic, there shouldn't be a problem with stats and what not. Especially since some purple gear isn't super shiny. It should either be crafted, or obtained by logical means.
Back to top Go down
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I say all armor types should be allowed except for PvP sets (Gladiator) and Tier items. Though if someone were to do something ICly to obtain a weapon that could be purple, depending on the model we should be able to allow them to have it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Herbalism

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I think players should be able to have greenies and blues.
Not purples.
Not. At. All.

There are shiny blues too, so if people want to be shiny they can have those instead.
Back to top Go down
Landria

Landria

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Herbalism wrote:
I think players should be able to have greenies and blues.
Not purples.
Not. At. All.

There are shiny blues too, so if people want to be shiny they can have those instead.

That doesn't really make much sense. If you're trying to stop people from being shiny, just outlaw the shiny outfits. There are some purple items that are a part of outfits that people have set up. If it's all cosmetic, I don't understand the point of banning purples all together. It's a tier that was set up in retail to be used with stats, and it shouldn't have that big of an effect, unless if you're going with gear stats.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Personally? Take away Teirs and PvP sets. Those are generally the worst epics and the ones that people go for an hate. I have a sword that has been in my family for generations. It looks just like an epic.

Yea, Dazzling Longsword is realistic. What sense does it make to remove that from someone obtaining it? That is just being fearful and elitist. Allow epics, but, let the players know that overly shiny epics that are not earned can be instantly removed without any word or warning by the staff if you must. But, seriously, if you remove epics it makes you look like an elitist, moron at times. Logic > Color of the item.

There are some blues and EVEN GREENS that are worse then a simple epic.

Seriously, just have it be logic. If you can't trust your players with simple gear selection, how can you trust them to make their own factions, cities, guilds, hell, How can we players be trusted with ANYTHING.

/end rant

Edit: Also, stop being colorist, really... Purple is awesome.

TL;DR: Stop thinking a colored name means that item is too OP'd or what have you. It doesn't mean anything without stats. NOTHIN' AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tychonis

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:33 pm

This is made of Steel and Iron:

Purple items. Season-5-200-Paladin

and THIS is made from an Adamantium/Titansteel alloy with a Mithril chain underneath.

Purple items. Alabaster-frost-tiger-blade

Appearance =/= Materials its made from, power, or magical qualities of any armour.
Back to top Go down
Rocore

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 am

Rather than banning epics all-together why not make it difficult to obtain them? Only certain players who have spent extensive time rping should be able to obtain them and likely through difficult means.

Banning them all-together is silly though, there are MANY epic models that aren't shiny yet still look great. Most unique models are in fact epic. And people like unique things, I'd say restrict the more shiny sets or even remove those but epics in general should stay in game.
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 am

All items are simply items; If they're hard to get in-character, they should be hard to get. To make. To build. Whatever.

If it makes sense? It doesn't matter whether or not it's epic, or blue. Putting restrictions on item qualities simply because of an assumption is absolutely fucking retarded.

We're not going to have restrictions for it, but we will make it so obtaining things a challenge, if they'd be a challenge, not simply because of the color of the name. Items. Are items.

On top of that, they're simply cosmetic because of the balance system. We're going to have everyone start out with stats they desire. Whether it be Fury, or tanking, or for caster DPS?
Don't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
Theodoras

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Banned is way too far, they should just not be requestable or craftable.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Theodoras wrote:
Banned is way too far, they should just not be requestable or craftable.

That's contradicting. If you can't obtain them, they are banned, basically. I agree with what Plath said. If the item itself, because of how or what it is made out of is hard to obtain, then its hard to obtain. Color quality should mean nothing. NOTHING. I can find greens more outlandish then most epics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purple items. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple items.   Purple items. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purple items.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: