DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Geralorn Kodostrength

Go down 
4 posters

RATE MY BG!
5 Stars (Surely your hand was guided by the gods. Or something...)
Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_lcap0%Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4 Stars
Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_lcap80%Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
3 Stars
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Stars
 0% [ 0 ]
1 Star (My god my eyes are burning from the multiple grammar mistakes and horrible story! By the Earthmother what did I read!?)
Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_lcap20%Geralorn Kodostrength I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Rocore

Geralorn Kodostrength Empty
PostSubject: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:44 am

It may not be necessary but I feel compelled to do BGs for servers now. Call me crazy lol, anyway I hope you read and enjoy this bit of lore for my tauren. Critique as you will. I'm kidding don't... But really go ahead. No really don't please. Seriously be my guest. Or not?

Name: Geralorn Kodostrength

Height:9'9

Weight:690 lbs.

Description: An impressive tauren, with many trophies decorating his biceps in the form of bicep strings, usually with feathers, teeth, or claws attached. Short black fur covers his body, very soft and granting him a slightly more menacing appearance. His horns are long and black angling straight up towards the sky. His eyes are a comforting brown betraying the ferocity and strength of his form. He grew up in a time of hard-ship in a race of powerful people His physique is astounding due to the demands of a young life fighting centaur and the martial prowess of the Ragetotem. He has adopted the use of plate armor from the orcs, however he was last scene garbed in more ancestral armor to honor his father Garn Ironhide.

History: Geralorn only knew travel in his early life. The Ragetotem were a constantly moving force in the Desolace. The tribe itself followed the will of the Seer who guided them through the waste-lands. The Chief, Sark defended the tribe. As the centaur menace grew the children were raised less to live for the hunt and more for war. In a time of great despair, chief Sark was given a choice to stand and fight or save his tribe and the many younglings within it. He made a hard choice but picked the warriors he though best to see the battle through.Garn Ironhide and twenty other warriors held a pass while the tribe made their way through the Stonetalon mountains and eventually to the barrens where they met Cairne Bloodhoof. The tribe was stronger with others of its kind yet it still required warriors. Of the twenty-one seven returned. By battle's end five had died and Garn with eight others followed the centaurs to ensure they would never follow the Ragetotem.

Geralorn was raised by his mother and the tribe from then forth. His mother was a seeress and promised he would not be defeated within Kalimdor. That his father's spirit watched over him and his father's spirit, an ancient line of warrior tauren upholding both honor and faith. She promised that the Earthmother would be ever watchful, but it was up to him to make something great of himself.

As he grew he held strong to his faith. He was even, briefly, considered to be a shaman as he would seemingly talk to the wind when in doubt or frustration. He never expected an answer but it helped to speak his troubles to the Earthmother, whether she answered did answer or not, who is to say? Geralorn was a strong youth when his time came to take the trials of the Earthmother he set out on his hunt and in view of two other warriors wrestled an adult kodo to the ground over the course of several hours before snapping its neck. The warriors noted how tired he had been when he was finally able to break the creature as well as his resolution to see the deed done. The young tauren gave thanks to the Earthmother and the kodo for its meat, its bone, hide, and its will to fight before using as much of it as possible. To this day he wears the hide around his waist though it has torn and tattered over two decades, it holds as much symbolism for him as the earth itself.

In adulthood he joined the orcs, even serving under a great and aging warlord known as Palth for a short time. He grew fond of the orcs, their strength and traditions were much like his own. He also grew fond of the fight, constantly testing his strength against that of even the largest orcs for enjoyment. Geralorn spent most of his time in Orgrimmar training with heavy equipment to make tauren more survivable against the projectiles of the alliance.

Geralorn held no ill-will towards the alliance initially particularly the Night Elves whom he viewed as nearly kindred spirits to the tauren. Instead he fought the humans whom he viewed for the most part as medium-sized game. He was more fond of the dwarves he came across, small yet powerful like the tortoise always moving forward.

When the rifts began to open, he thought it was a test of the Earthmother, his mother warned him of his defeat across the sea. Yet he only took the garb of what his long-lost father wore and set forth with the armies of the horde, to Hyjal and to the aid of the elves for the second time in his life.

Last edited by Rocore on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am

Overall, I thought it was a really good read. I did enjoy it. Maybe I'm a bit biased due to you throwing my name in there and my ego is huge, but I liked it.

I noticed some grammatical errors, but nobody is perfect-- I have a lot of errors, which people do critique me for, quite a bit, and it irritates me. I won't point them out, because they're minor nontheless, it took me two reads to notice them.
I thought the storyline of the character itself was good. It had actual length to it, unlike some backgrounds, and it was good.

Good job.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

my response and feeling
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I rated it 1 cause there were no dinosaurs or Polar Bears. 1/5 would not read

On a serious note, I rather liked the story and this will be an interesting character to watch develop.

But I did vote 1. so suck it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Rocore

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm

lol Alright, Palth thanks, Slade thanks, however I shall ignore your vote now XD

This also doesn't tell how he destroyed Un'goro because he doesn't like the tar pits, and Cleaved Silithus and the Desolace in half. He meant to only cleave the desolace and the centaurs but over-shot it. Oh, he did it with Shadowmourne then broke the weapon for the good of the world. He met the taunka and left told them others would come then ripped open Ulduar's gates, killed Yogg'saron and sent out the transmissions that really caused the rifts. He then travelled to medivh's tower and they had a staring contest that lasted for eight days Medivh blinked and was instantly killed. Then returned home and lounged around in the Barrens for a while before getting pissed at the rifts, then he travelled to Kara again and decided to make the rift suck them all in for teh lulz.

Its open to have more detail put in if anyone wants to make a char that may be tied in with Geralorn.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am

Geralorn sounds like a complete badass and I commend your well-written background on him..
..but I bet I could still take him on in some un'goro tar wrestling.
(No homo)
Back to top Go down
http://piercing-the-quiet.tumblr.com
Rocore

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 am

Thank ya sir!

You may have the upper hand in tar wrestling as Geralorn might just sink Sad
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 am

... tar fighting?

brb getting my lube and tissues

for uh no reason
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geralorn Kodostrength   Geralorn Kodostrength I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geralorn Kodostrength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans :: General :: Character Stories and Biographies-
Jump to: