DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Economy/Resource System

Go down 
+3
Theodoras
SliggitySlade
Palth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Palth
Admin

Economy/Resource System Empty
PostSubject: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 am

As the creator of the idea itself, I just want to throw out there-- Economy, might be hard to make. But it's up to players to produce it, ultimately. To create something new with what they're given.

Resource system.
There will be spawned trees for players to cut down, and mines itself spawned which will have them ingame.
NPCs that respawn every five hours and ore in them ines that respawn but will be filled to the brim with the ore itself.
Time for the ore to respawn is unplanned at the moment, but it will be long to encourage not farming constantly.

Also, guilds itself (factions) will earn an x amount weekly dependent on what their location is. And building speed will depend on people involved who can work on objects itself.

Just giving the ideas out there.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 am

make respawn time 24 hours
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/abecowproductions
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:53 am

SliggitySlade wrote:
make respawn time 24 hours

imo random respawn time between 6 and 30 hours
Back to top Go down
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 am

Make it 10-30 if random respawns can be coded.
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:03 am

With Trinity, I think that's doable.

We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Rocore

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:36 am

So we'll be able to choose if we want something close to the old currency or "THat's a shiny rock...Trade ya for it?"

Or perhaps for the more magically inclined, small shards of some mana imbued titan material? It'll be up to the players to establish a working economy and trade system?
Back to top Go down
Palth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:47 am

Rocore wrote:
So we'll be able to choose if we want something close to the old currency or "THat's a shiny rock...Trade ya for it?"

Or perhaps for the more magically inclined, small shards of some mana imbued titan material? It'll be up to the players to establish a working economy and trade system?

Depends on the roleplay itself.
I'm sure there'd be gold on the planet that people could find, as well as gold they'd have themselves.
Back to top Go down
Herbalism

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 am

I would be surprised if some of the people who got the new planet didn't bring their wallets.
I bet some of them will already have some gold.

But in my opinion, forcing the players to come up with a new economy, trade system, etc is too much to ask for them.
We should at least help them with it through NPCs.
Back to top Go down
SliggitySlade

SliggitySlade

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 pm

A bartering system would be fun. If someone wants something from another person they gotta figure out what that person wants.
Back to top Go down
Jaquio

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 am

Add farm animals and agricultural products to the barter system.

You can't eat what comes out of a mine very well, and take my word for it, wood needs a LOT of ketchup to get down. This should be the only real farming available to players. Domesticated animals were a major part of medieval bartering systems (Cows, sheep, chickens, pigs, etc.) Shouldn't be hard to spawn a few farm animals once players/factions figure out how to tame certain animals.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

They'd probably also have quiet abit with them. It is easier to bring the food alive with you, then to worry about it going bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Economy/Resource System   Economy/Resource System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Economy/Resource System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: