DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant Fable of the Titans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?

Go down 
+2
Theodoras
Palth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Palth
Admin

Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? Empty
PostSubject: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 pm

So basically, this is what I wrote for mages and their ability in the short-term to use magic:

The ley-lines are still connected between these planets, just as it is to Draenor. that's the only reason why the rift was created to this planet specifically.
There's free-falling magic all over the planet, so to say. It would be easy to so, "harness." that, but using magic in general might fall flat.

Let's talk about how it may work in the future as opposed to a short-term solution.
We talked it over-- We decided that players themselves would have to find a way to rediscover the manipulation of magic itself, so..

.. yeah talk.
Back to top Go down
https://fableofthetitans.forumotion.com
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

All magic users would have to find a new source of magic and create smaller sources until they can get a true source of magic like the sunwell
Back to top Go down
Klein

Klein

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:58 pm

We may add many different scenarios which involve around activating magic on the new realm.
Perhaps there is something similar to the Well of Eternity and it's just inactive, waiting to be launched again.
Or maybe something entirely different is waiting in the dark caverns of the alien world!
The only thing that's certain, is that there will indefinitely be a source for magic, and as stated before - It must be found by the players.
Back to top Go down
Landria

Landria

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Klein wrote:
We may add many different scenarios which involve around activating magic on the new realm.
Perhaps there is something similar to the Well of Eternity and it's just inactive, waiting to be launched again.
Or maybe something entirely different is waiting in the dark caverns of the alien world!
The only thing that's certain, is that there will indefinitely be a source for magic, and as stated before - It must be found by the players.

Would those with an affinity to magic, such as Magi, be able to sense whatever we would be looking for? And understand where it would be in a general area, but not its exact location?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tychonis

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Every race other then Sin/Quel'dorei have the same affinity to magic, theoretically if the other races lost their connection to their old source they would have to track down a way to connect to a new one in the same way someone who isn't a mage would. Elves could probably find something easier because of their ancestry and since they were the first arcane/magic users on Azeroth, being directly connected to it.
Back to top Go down
Theodoras

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Lord Tychonis wrote:
Every race other then Sin/Quel'dorei have the same affinity to magic, theoretically if the other races lost their connection to their old source they would have to track down a way to connect to a new one in the same way someone who isn't a mage would. Elves could probably find something easier because of their ancestry and since they were the first arcane/magic users on Azeroth, being directly connected to it.

Pretty much the Elves would have to make a new source for all the other races.
Back to top Go down
Dawnforge

Dawnforge

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Theodoras wrote:

Pretty much the Elves would have to make a new source for all the other races.

Well, not necessarily for everyone but, they'd probably succeed in finding and building a source first, weather it is shared or not is another matter. Be good for keeping your ass from being ganked, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?   Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic - On this planet. No Well of Eternity. How does it work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DFOT : Dormant Fable of the Titans :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: